NEVER HELD AN AXE BEFORE?
The principles of successful axe throwing are really simple but like any new skill, it takes some guidance and practice. But, what makes axe throwing great is that once you get the basics nailed it becomes pretty addictive, pretty fast!
Everyone is different. We are all different sizes, different strengths, have unique throw styles so there is no ‘one size fits all’ guaranteed to land you in the bullseye. But that’s where our amazing instructors come in.
Axe throwing relies on a number of key elements coming together to win you that golden axe:
Distance – How far away are you? We’ll help you work out the right distance for making sure the right part of the axe is hitting the target.
Rotation speed – Whether you’re a speedy ninja or a slow and steady kind of thrower, we will help you understand how your rotation and speed affect your game.
How straight is your throw? – Are we perfectly slicing an apple down the middle like a blindfolded Michelin chef or are we scything grass like an 18th century barley farmer? Either style can have massively different results.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO YOUR SESSION
See below for how a typical session might look – but our incredible instructors will customise our sessions depending upon our guests, they’re good like that!
- SAFETY BRIEFING – Yup, safety first, always. Before anyone throws anything we always go through our house rules. These are designed to keep everyone safe, outline what everyone will and also must not be doing. You can’t skip this bit.
- THE BASICS– That’s the start. The very beginning. We are well aware that a lot of people out there haven’t had the time to try axe-throwing yet which is why all of our sessions start from the very beginning. From how to hold and collect your axe to what’s actually going on when you’re throwing at those targets.
- ADVANCED THROWS – You want to try something a little more Thor? Fancy 2 at a time? Our Instructors have all sorts of tricks for you to try out.
- THE BIG COMPETITION – What you thought we weren’t going to put you to the test? There is an axe crown out there and it’s got your name on it! So you know what you’re doing, you’ve even started to nail those trickshots, you want the crown. EVERYONE WANTS THE CROWN . It’s time to go head to head, no more alliances, no more besties, it’s all versus all in our competition finale. This is where your Instructor stops advising and starts keeping the score.
- PHOTO TIME – We take pictures of all of our throwers. No not a stiff corporate portrait, all of you next to your targets… with axes.
THE BLACK AXE COMMANDMENTS
1. NO DRINK OR DRUGS
Save the drink and drugs for later. Anyone thought to be intoxicated will not be allowed to participate.
2. DON’T BE LATE
Arrive to your session 15 minutes prior to start time, anyone arriving late for their time slot will not be allowed to participate and will not be refunded.
3. NO PETS
Please leave any pets at home, if you do not, you will not be able to participate.
4. WEAR SENSIBLE FOOTWEAR
Please no open toes, no high heels.
5. DON’T TAKE PART IF PREGNANT
You cannot throw if you are pregnant or under 18 years old.
6. RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY
We reserve the right to refuse entry on the day.
In a single session we can host 15 people in Edinburgh or 30 in Belfast, but we’re also able to split groups to accommodate larger numbers, the best thing to do is get in touch
We also have some amazing options for people not throwing via some of our neighbouring pals.
Get in touch with us for more info
MAKING A BOOKING